portable vocal booth

slidey

I'm awaiting SEelectronics portable vocal booth reflexion filter to come on apro & was wondering if anyone has made use of one & if so what like??

Is it heavy, is it worth spending £229 on, would I be better building a vocal booth in the long run (I suppose I would) but it's the portable aspect I'm interested in

any feedback will be gladly eaten with salt, vinegar & some tomato sauce

YEAH
Slidey :cool:

try this one, a bit cheaper

I bought a vocal booth and stand from this site called editorskeys.com, have been using it constantly since and its actually amazing, I get perfect audio recordings everytime! Saves me money and time going back and forth to studios.

Also just bought a pop filter from them too, pretty cheap and work really well with the booth.

Definitely give them a go.

I have the SE Reflexion filter and I love, love, love it.. it is a bit heavy.. I'm sure any average mic stand is fine depending on height.. it depends on how you attach it.. I took the boom off of my mic stand and used the supplied stand / slide.. As long as you keep the weight centered it's fine..

In addition to that I used one of Harvey's suggestions and built a vocal booth out of pvc pipe and moving blankets.. if you do this be sure to use 1".. I used 3/4" and it's not quite as sturdy as i would like but works great.. I'll post some pictures asap. Best of luck to ya.

This really is more something you'd find in the studio construction forum, but I suppose it's got a lot to do with mics -- my story:

I went to the container store and bought a roughly 1'x1'x1' container made up of an aluminum frame with coarse cloth on the outside and a zippered opening. I drove down the street to guitar center and picked up a big scrap of auralex foam. I cut the foam to fit the insides of the cloth box, then...

It sounded awful! bad with the mic inside (muffled), bad with the mic in front (strangely thin), bad with the box over my head (muffled, asphyxiated - just kidding :) ) - it's a very handy box, though, and I put cables and shock mounts in it now.

I've heard better things about the SE unit and really good things about a "real traps" portable vocal booth (google search will show the way)

I have the SE unit and it works very well. A decent booth would work better of course, but mine certainly allows me to track in my basement using the monitors instead of the phones for the vocalist, using an SM7. I use the phones to track when I use a condenser. Works fine with a standard good mic stand. The Real Traps unit should be very good as well and perhaps more versatile. I don't know what comparative pricing is like in the UK.

Is it heavy, is it worth spending £229 on?

Heavy? Yes, but no problem with most standard mic stands.

Worth £229? Absolutely not. I have one that I picked up gently used from a studio a couple years ago. Very nice tool if you have some reflection issues with your room, but not worth the upfront asking price.

Look for a used one (or PM me if you want mine).

I bought a vocal booth and stand from this site called editorskeys.com, have been using it constantly since and its actually amazing, I get perfect audio recordings everytime!

Tired of making dull, flat recordings? Feeling unproductive because your vocals sound uninspiring?

Now you too can get PERFECT AUDIO RECORDINGS EVERY TIME!!

How much would you pay for this amazing system? Don't answer yet - because you get the walls, the ceiling, the floor, the foam, the glue, the box, the invoice - and get this:

Just order the amazing vocal booth and stand from editorskeys.com in the next fifteen seconds, and we'll throw in a pop filter ABSOLUTELY FREE!!

GUARANTEED!!!!

That's a sixteen hundred dollar value - yours for only three easy payments of 29.99! And if you're not satisfied, you can send it back for a FULL REFUND!! You pay only shipping and handling.

Call us right now at 1-888-media_maker and get your patented vocal booth and stand to make PERFECT AUDIO RECORDINGS - EVERY TIME!!

I like my Reflexion Filter. It's a bit overpriced for what it is, but IMHO/IME it's well built and effective. I think that it works best if you don't have the mic all the way back as it gets a little boxy sounding. Also I've found I get the best results when I have some sort of barrier behind the singer too-- something like a sleeping bag draped over a couple of mic stands.

Back