Popping sound when recording with CAD u1 mic

Snigglesnock

heres a sample on youtube watch?v=mZO6Ss9VZf4&feature=youtu.be

i bought this CAD u1 mic a few months ago and i havent been able to record any good tracks because of a repetitive popping sound. i was told in some kind of forum to put a ceramic capacitor from vcc to ground or something, and i would easily be able to do that if i rigged up a usb adapter to put it in (i dont want to risk cutting the cord for nothing).

the feedback on amazon.com, where i bought it, had a comment about needing a ferrite bead on it, and it was because he was picking up radio stations and the ferrite bead solved his problem. i tried wrapping the cord around a ferrite core i got from a little transformer or something but it didnt work. ive tried it in my desktop and the problem still happens.

is there some program or driver i can get to remove these poppings? or even if i can make some kind of ferrite bead. if someone could elaborate on the ceramic capacitor part i would appreciate it too.

If it was a condenser mic, it might have been caused by high humidity. But since it's a dynamic mic, maybe it has to do with the way your recording setup is configured, especially if you're recording to a PC...

Last edited:
Back