Podcastudio, Blue Yeti or third option - Absolute newbie dilemma

hadapurpura

Hi, let me start by saying that I did read the stickies at the top, but I just didn't find clarity, so I'm writing here.

I'm a newbie to home recording. I'm a singer - lyrical, but also pop (in general). I wanna record demos and song projects. I wanna upgrade from my shitty desktop mic. The thing is, my budget is super limited, and I don't have the option to save more for a long time (3rd world country + student = poor). So, since this is Black Friday and stuff, I'm going to buy.

I'm looking at the Blue Yeti on Amazon, but I was also wondering about a cheap mic + interface combo like the Podcastudio, or an MXL 910 + Alesis iO Hub. Since the options are high-end USB mic vs. super low end XLR mic + interface, I don't know what to do, or if there are other options to buy now.

What would you recommend me? Your help is very much appreciated.

Last edited:
You would not need the podcastsudio AND iO Hub. They do essentially the same thing.
BUT if I could recommend another option, Tascam has a bundle deal today at B&H Photo for $149 that includes the MXL 770 + 122 interface + cables + stand + spit screen.
The MXL 910 is a decent microphone (usually $199, but on Musicians Friend for $49 with free shipping today :eek: so that's a pretty awesome deal right there.
For $200, you get two decent condenser mikes + all you need to record (including the lite version of Cubase).

Oh, the kit is at THIS LINK.

Back