Please help!! Im havin problems with a M-Audio usb Microphone and a usb soundcard!!!

Freekobe483

Okay guys heres the layout
Im using an Acer laptop a usb microphone and I just bought a usb soundcard .
And my problem is my recordings still sound like im in a cave. Theres and echo and its just not clear as it should be.
Please tell what im doing wrong!!!

Is it just not possible to use a Usb mic with a usb soundcaed???????

Sound like in a cave?
Would need to hear a clip of that to help you out some but without that ..... are you right up close to the microphone for if your not you are going to get a lot of room in your recording.

And with you living in a cave and all. :D

Do you have active speakers in proximity of the mic? (i.e. echo / aka feedback light)

You should (in theory) be able to use them. But.... You'll have some latency issues I think. And maybe some clock issues since different chips never completely match clocks / timing wise. Artifacts and/or delay (latency) issues. More so than the latency already in place because of the ADC->USB->software->USB->DAC signal chain. Latency can come off as an echo, but isn't really. Just a bit of travel time between action and reaction.

One other possible issue is the USB bus power. If you've got the two devices on the same bus, they might be splitting the power supplied to it, and in a state of severe undervolt. If it's a PC, try putting one on the USB plugs in the back and the other one on the USB plug(s) in the front. Not all PC / laptop components are as high end as they probably "should" be.

Just guessing though without any hard information relative the to hardware in question and the software in question.

Have you tried turning the mic around and singing into the other side? You posted this in the mic forum, but you didn't mention the model or brand of the mic you're having problems with.

Back