pawn shop deal

jimistone

long standing member
I just went by a pawn shop on my lunch break. I never go to this particular one because most of the time you can buy brand new stuff cheaper than their used stuff...but anyway.
I browsed their microphones and saw a sure sm57.
I bought a cry baby wah for $35 yesterday in another local pawn shop

$20 out the door price.
I guess it's still possible to get a good deal in a pawn shop
:)

(In before someone says it's a fake.)
My response is congrats on a good deal. Those suckers are 100 bucks new at the store here. Super useful mic.

It's a fake. :D ;)

Nice deal.
Pawn shops like to move their stuff...they probably got it cheap too.

No pouch? What about the sticker and the cable tie? That's like $50 of the value of the package! No wonder it was so cheap :D

Even though this sm 57 is not all scratched looking....it looks old. In little font it says "shure brothers incorporated model sm57" and also " made in USA patented"
Then in larger cursive font "Unidyne III dynamic"

What does the Unidyne III mean?
It's not a cheaper bargin quality model like the modern PG 57 is it?
The font looks old to me but may not be that old I dunno

Unidyne III stopped about 60+ years ago. The Uni SM-57's were actual 57s. Used the same capsule, etc. Some claim they had better top end. Mostly old gear mojo, methinks....

Yeah, I researched it a bit on Google after my last post. I got one of the very first generation of sm mics. It's in good cosmetic shape and works too.
They were obviously clueless of what they had.
other used mics they have:
peavey Pi 100 $20 (it's a $19.99 mic brand new)
MXL V63M $79.99 no case or shock out (they are less than $80 brand new with the case and shockmount...the list goes on...

I can't believe they didn't have at least $150 on that old sm 57.

They must have hit "48" instead of "57" when they googled it.
Lol

Great deal! Clearly the owner of this pawn shop doesn't have much of a grasp of the internet.
I have a Unidyne III Shure 545. I'm pretty sure the ones marked Unidyne III are just older models.

Yeah, I researched it a bit on Google after my last post. I got one of the very first generation of sm mics. It's in good cosmetic shape and works too.
They were obviously clueless of what they had.
other used mics they have:
peavey Pi 100 $20 (it's a $19.99 mic brand new)
MXL V63M $79.99 no case or shock out (they are less than $80 brand new with the case and shockmount...the list goes on...

I can't believe they didn't have at least $150 on that old sm 57.

They must have hit "48" instead of "57" when they googled it.
Lol

Great find, Jimi! :thumbs up:

Back