Over Heads

Idgeit

Hey all, im starting off, and i need some overheads for my drum kit, can anyone give me some advice on what to get? im willing to spend up to around 200 Euro,

thanks

Some of the popular budget type drum overhead mics that have been posted here are the Oktava MC-012, Marshall MXL 603S, and Studio Projects B1. There are others mics too, but these three mics seem to get posted the most, or a lot anyways. NOTE: “The following is my personal opinion”. Out of these three mics (012, B1, 603S) (for drum overheads) I like the Oktava MC-012’s better... because IMO, the Oktava MC-012 handles the cymbals better and sounds better on the drums too.

Last edited:
Idgeit said:
Hey all, im starting off, and i need some overheads for my drum kit, can anyone give me some advice on what to get? im willing to spend up to around 200 Euro,

thanks

I got my oktavas from the states on ebay for €180 posted, you could possibly get them for less. In europe, thomann have them for €120 each.
www.thomann.de.

paddyponchero, thanks for telling me about them on thomann, i checked it out, but they have matched pairs, i.e 012 (multi) matched pair and 012-01 (non multi) matched pair, one in multidirectional, and the other aint, what ones you got?

thanks again.

Idgeit said:
paddyponchero, thanks for telling me about them on thomann, i checked it out, but they have matched pairs, i.e 012 (multi) matched pair and 012-01 (non multi) matched pair, one in multidirectional, and the other aint, what ones you got?

thanks again.

I got two 012-01s - not a matched pair but they are closer than I expected and as good as I need. I'd like to get an omni capsule or capsules at sometime.

Two cardioids and two hypercardioids just sold on ebay for £45-£53 a bargain for this side of the pond

Back