WHICH ONE ?? AT4040 or AT4050

demto

I've done a bit of research and believe both of these mics will be suitable for my voice. As i will be buying over the internet I wont get a chance to try before buying.

Has anybody actually used both these mics and if so i could you give me any idea what the differences between them are ?. I'm not bothered about the multi pattern facility on the 4050 as i dont need it.

What i really would like to know is whether one resolves fine detail better than the other? Is one brighter than the other?.... or does one or the other of them just have that something special about it. Is the 4050 worth the extra money or are they neck and neck sonically apart from one being multi pattern. These are the things i am really interested in.

I've listened to short clips which have been recorded on both mics but i cant decide as the clips are very short. What i need is the honest opinion from somebody who has used both mics and has good experience of them over time. Many thanks

Your voice is the biggest variable here, Is there a studio near you, or post your town, maybe someone here has one or the other so you could hear YOUR voice recorded. They are both nice mics but the 4050 is head and shoulders over the 4040. I've used both but by the way my personal fav from AT is the 4033, a mid sized wonder!

Big Kenny

No i dont have any means of hearing my voice recorded.

Can you tell me why prefer the 4050 over the 4040 "Head and shoulders over the 4040" doesnt help. Can you be more specific as i'm interested to know what you think.

Also, why the 4033... what's it got going for it that the others dont have.

Back