old CB mic - want to modify

Xan

I just bought an old CB mic with a switch in it.

First of all I want to take the switch out. After the switch is out I want to hook up a 1/4" jack to it. I took it apart and found a circuit and a battery hook up. I've never messed with a CB mic before so I'm not really sure what I'm looking at.

I think the jack that came with it was a XLR hook up but I'm not sure because when I bought it, it had no jack.

any help would be appreciated.

XAN

Pretty much what ever you do to this microphone it will still not be much on quality.
As a novelty item it will just be a one trick pony ----sounding bad. But hey, that might be cool in one song.

Breaker Breaker come back xan ...you got your ears on?
From what I can remember good buddy that microphone cable is not an XLR cable-- come back, good buddy, 10-4.....over!.!

:cool:

Pretty much what ever you do to this microphone it will still not be much on quality.
As a novelty item it will just be a one trick pony ----sounding bad. But hey, that might be cool in one song.

Breaker Breaker come back xan ...you got your ears on?
From what I can remember good buddy that microphone cable is not an XLR cable-- come back, good buddy, 10-4.....over!.!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's a big 10-4. It's probably a crystal mic. Modding it is not likely to be productive.-Richie

Breaker Breaker That's right thanks for coming back there Richard with your radio check got your handle loud and clear and I copy that.
Lets hope Xan doesn't have peanut butter in his ears with a negative copy and gives back a big Roger Doger, wall to wall and ten feet tall.
What's your 20..We're down, out, and on the side. Putting the hammer down goody buddy. keep your ears on. 10-4......over.

uhh.

yeah...I'm aware it's gonna sound shitty. THATS THE POINT and why I bought it. I guess you guys can't help me. I looked up old radio mics and I read that they used to use XLR cables on mics that had switches.

I want to put a quarter inch jack on it.

Again I know it's gonna sound like shit. I know what I bought. But I guess you guys can't help me

Roger Doger that Xan,..... try to undo the end and see what you have for lead wires you might be able to accomplish your goal.
Some pictures of the end of the wire would help once you take it apart....over

I thought about that. All the other wires I was thinking I would solder to ground? I don't want to short anything out and make it completely useless. or just take the whole circuit out. I not sure exactly how mics work but I figure they are just inverted speakers. I dunno.

I would just tape off (individually) the other wires and see if those two will work for you.
I would not put those others to ground.

Back