Oktava MC-012/MK-012 difference?

They are the same.
I have read numerous posts about the origin of the K verses the C, primarily about the translation of letters from Russian to English. Some say one was meant to be sold with the full set of capsules.
But in essence they are the same mic, but run and stenciled at different times.

Now, it could just be quality control, but I have a set of MC012's and they sound very (C for Clear) CLEAR.

An associate has a set of MK012's and they sound very (K for...) KRAPPY.

Again, could be QC - Just my $0.02

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

There is no difference.

MC stands for
Microphone Condenser
MK--Microphone Kondensatorniy (Russian version)

<Some say one was meant to be sold with the full set of capsules.>

It is not correct. The full set comes with MK-012.
The MK-012-01 comes with one capsule only.
Also 'A' after MK-012 (i.e. MK-012A) is for use inside of Russia. Without 'A' models for export. Needless to say, for a long time the practice in Russia was to make export things with better QC.

Massive Master said:
Now, it could just be quality control, but I have a set of MC012's and they sound very (C for Clear) CLEAR.

An associate has a set of MK012's and they sound very (K for...) KRAPPY.

Again, could be QC - Just my $0.02

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com
I have a pair of MK012's and K is for Keen...

According to a post to r.a.p by Angus McKay a couple of years ago, the Oktavas marked MK are the ones that are imported and distributed by him in the UK & US, i.e., the "legal" ones.

Unfortunately, there's no predictability on MK/MC-012s. GC gets them in lots with both naming conventions. I never saw one marked MK until fairly recently. I got a pair a while back that came out of the same carton - one was MK and the other was MC.

Back