Nuemann Tlm103 going cheap, cheap, cheaper!

Scriabin

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to relay the information that the Tlm-103 has finally broken the $600 mark. While crusing the net today I found it going for $579 at www.musicians-gear.com

methinks that I could pick up a tlm103 and a T3 for close to a grand!! I'm already getting goosebumps:)

I don't get why everyone wants to relate the tlm103 and the t3 so much...

tlm103 isn't a tube mic...or..did I totally miss the boat here? heh

I totally want a T3. Its in my buy list for about August.

It's because the NTK is kicking the TLM103's ass in sales.
I compared both side-by-side and bought the RODE NTK.
I'm sure many others have, too.

Neumann just got a reality check... and they can't justify that big mark-up anymore.

good point buck, I keep forgetting about the rode ntk

...and yes I know the T3 is a tube mic, thats why it would be interesting to have one of each:)

The TLM-103 is just the beg. I expect the same to happen with pres in the next couple of years, especially with some of the pres that are in development now.
Of course there will always be gear that costs more than your car to satisfy those that NEED to pay alot in order to feel like theyre truly buying the best.

:D

Track Rat said:
Buck, tell me about the NTK. What do you like about it? Better than a 103, huh?

It's warmer and smoother, without losing clarity and definition.
Plus, it's cheaper in cost.

Done deal! ;)

Scriabin said:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to relay the information that the Tlm-103 has finally broken the $600 mark. While crusing the net today I found it going for $579 at www.musicians-gear.com

methinks that I could pick up a tlm103 and a T3 for close to a grand!! I'm already getting goosebumps:)

You should be very careful of that organazition. First they are not in the USA, so USA sales is hard, then you have a Gray Market unit that will be hard to service, and they may not even deliver. I know many people who have tried to buy specific products from them, and did not get it, or got the wrong goods, so buyer beware!

Alan Hyatt

Thanks for the advice Alan, that's definately something worth knowing. I'll steer clear of them in the future.

You guys have to remember that the market of homerecording is becoming larger. selling more units allows for a company to lower prices while still making more profits. This is good for us, and them. No one is really doing anything out of the ordinary.

Re: Re: Nuemann Tlm103 going cheap, cheap, cheaper!

alanhyatt said:
You should be very careful of that organazition. First they are not in the USA, so USA sales is hard, then you have a Gray Market unit that will be hard to service, and they may not even deliver. I know many people who have tried to buy specific products from them, and did not get it, or got the wrong goods, so buyer beware!

Alan Hyatt
Arrgh, I didn't want to read that! Oh well, I gotta keep my fingers crossed - I just ordered a sound card from them. Handed them my VISA card number and all. But I think it's worth a bit of gambling if I can save 200 € in the process (= almost 50% off!).

Well, I've bought from them before and have had no problems. But then again I live in the south of sweden, so I can drive down there over the weekend to kick their butts if they don't deliver! :D

And by the way, I kind of like their attitude:

"Our site was created as a platform for people, which are well informed, and do not
need and want any furher advices od salesmen.
If you are unsure, what product fits to your purpose, please contact a qualified store,
and if they helped you to find the necessary, practise the fair spirit and buy there."

Don't get me wrong guys. The problem is for buyers in the USA. First of all you see one price, then you actually order and it is another price... I know, I just tried it! They also clearly state that for service you have to mail it back, so that can add another $75.00 should anything go wrong for a small unit like a mic pre or effect unit.

Some prices are good, and others are not so good. Just know that for local business in Europe, they are probably fine, because you can go there. When it comes to Gray Marketing, you will run into problems. So to save a few bucks just may not be the way to save a few bucks.

Alan Hyatt

Most of the time you can order from Mars.com or another online company that will match the price.

Personally I wouldnt do the deal without the shockmount. and that is what they get you with.

BasPer said:
And by the way, I kind of like their attitude:

"Our site was created as a platform for people, which are well informed, and do not
need and want any furher advices od salesmen.
If you are unsure, what product fits to your purpose, please contact a qualified store,
and if they helped you to find the necessary, practise the fair spirit and buy there."
Yeah, I like that too. That's exactly how it should be.

---

(Förresten, spelar du också bas och heter Per? :D)

Back