Newbee Question-Yes I did read FAQ and do Search ;-)

Les W

I have a deep voice and do hip hop. I need a mic that is gonna support that. I can't decide on which. I would like to spend a total of no more than$200-$250 on EVERYTHING, so I guess that leaves about $150 for Mr. Mic....:) I am cool with used products. So Far this is the list I am looking at:

AT3035 (?)
MXL V67g
NADY SCM 1050/1100/900
ADK Generis CG1
Behringer B1/B2
Studio Projects B1
Rode NT1A/KSM27 - Those may have weak low end vs their high end

The NADY tube if I could get it to work may be my best bet i think. Also I like it cause it needs no pre
plz help

Also I need this to do songs for local [car trunk] distribution and online as well. So quality has to be good. The best mic I ever oven was the radio shack I have now btw...

Welcome to the board.

So you have a deep voice -- are you looking, then, for something to make it sound even deeper than it already is? Or are you looking for something with some good high end to help balance it out so it doesn't come accross too low or woofy?

The latter would be my suggestion. In that case, I'd stay away from the v67 and focus more on the AT3035 or maybe the NT1-A.

The KSM27 has more of an aggressive midrange that might help put more of a sharper, tighter, focus on your vocal track.

No way to know for sure untill you try them out, but I'd at least stay clear of the Behringers and Nadys due to poor quality control and repair history.

^^^thx actually I would like to get as genuine a signal as possible. If I need to tweek it would be in post I guess...but I need something that will pick up all of the color in my voice as well as the ability to follow the frequent freq changes, as subtle as they may be. Any verdict on this???

That's actually an important attribute a lot of people tend to look over . . . as in how fluidly a mic reacts to a dynamic singer who kinda' sings all over the charts.

For that, I think you're going to want the most professional-sounding mic of the bunch, which would be the KSM-27, hands down. I'd bet if you were to poll 10 audio engineers as to which one they'd take if they had no other choice . . . you'd probably see at least 8 of them taking the Shure. Just my guess.

the shure is a good choice, as is the 3035. As is a 4033, as is a sp c1, as is .............not the others on your list
In His Name
Big Kenny

thx for the help. Before i stumbled on you guys I went too a music forum for help. Not that they were incompetent just that this site seemed to be full of more knowledgeable people.

Back