New store in KC

BradD

Hello all. I've noticed that there are a few other people on this board from the Kansas City area. This weekend I discovered a new store that you might be interested in. First, let me say that I have no personal interest in the store, but just wanted to let everybody know about it. It's called Home Studio Musician, and it's located on the square in Olathe, KS. A guy by the name of Russ just opened it, and he is carrying a lot of stuff that no one else in this area is carries. He has the Studio Projects mics, KRK monitors, Event monitors, and may start carrying FMR stuff.

The phone # is (913) 829-7883.

Hi Brad, Do I know you?

I just bought a VTB-1 from russ this week. As I live only 3 miles from this new place. I personally hope he suceeds, he has a Niche in the market none of the other stores want to risk much in.

Just this last week I told Russ that FMR and Great River was hot, Im glad he listened.:cool:

Wayne

I just bought a C1 from him today. You probably don't know me, but I live in OP, KS too. He said that someone else had talked to him about FMR. That must have been you. He said he was going to call them Monday about becoming a dealer.

By the way, I've been wanting to do a KC mic shootout. Maybe you'd be interested. I have a Marshall V63, the C1 and have a friend with a Neumann TM-103. Send me an e-mail, and we can discuss it.

Right across from the courthouse where that serial killer is having that trial.

If we generate any more KC based members we should all party sometime.

I know Gascap is in the area and a few others I have seen here.

I just know that KC is the place for a Homereccers convention, from the new Home studio store, and the Musicians Friend Clearence store KC has to be the best town to be a Member in.

PM me and I will give you my number for directions if you get lost.

Or call russ at 829 stud (I wonder if he got this number on pourpose?)

Id go at night right now because the John Robinson case has the whole area like a zoo right now, and daytime parking is awful.

Thanks for posting about this new shop. I'm in Wichita, but get up to the KC area periodically to visit my in-laws (in Shawnee). I haven't had the chance yet to get over to the Musicians Friend outlet, but have been to Mars a few times. I'll definitely keep this number handy to drop in on my next visit. Nobody here carries much of a selection for home recording, and I like to see and touch stuff before I commit to a purchase.

Anyway, thanks again.

Darryl.....

I make it to witchata from time to time , I even took a few Lessons fron Jon Butcher .

Do tour the Musicians friend clearence center, Its a Paradise for the tech/ musician.

Me too!

Hey all,

I don't post often but I'm in the KC area too. I just tried the phone number you all posted but it came up with what sounded like somebody's home message machine. I will try to swing by and check it out.

As far as a mic shootout, I would love to get in on that. The only measureable mic I have to add to the list would be a U195. I am only starting and have only heard it through my Omni Studio.

For those who haven't made it to the MF closeout store, it's great if you have time to look around. I got my Omni Studio from there for like $250 about a year ago and it is in mint condition.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Jason A.

Russ used to be a Pro Audio Rep, so he knows what he is talking about. We at PMI Audio are happy he is representing our products, and we wish him well with his new shop.

It is great to have someone local there that can really help you out when you need it. Glad to see you guys are supporting him...

Tell Russ Alan says hello!!! :D:D

I stopped by this afternoon and spent about 45 minutes browsing. Russ knows his stuff, was very friendly and patiently answered all of my intelligent and not so intelligent questions. If you are in the KC area, this place is a must-visit.

Alan - Russ says Hi back.

Me Too

I stopped by at lunch and spent about an hour with Russ too. He said the studio portion of the shop should be operational in a couple of days.

I have been starving for a recording oriented shop for such a long time. I just hope he doesn't get tired of seeing me. :eek:

Jason A.

I travel on business fairly regularly and see quite a few places myself and I think this is unique as well. I have seen many studios that sell gear on the side but those are usually by appointment only or are fairly exclusive. This place is built around the little guy and making them more informed. Very cool.

Jason A.

Back