New Mic Came In today. Just a funny story for humor.

malcolm123

Hello All,
So my son did not believe me when I told him I still had all of my old gear.
Now since I have taken out a few pieces (mainly Mic stuff), he wanted to borrow one of my mics the other day
to take to a friend's house. I asked him "What are you guys planning on recording". He says vocals. I then ask, "well what type of mics do y'all already have?". He says " The old looking kind that you hold in your hand". I started laughing and said Okay.

So I handed him a Sm58. I said here you go. He then said " I wanted to use that green and gold mic". I laughed and asked why.

His response, "Because it looks good"!! LOL

Anyway, So I ordered him a mic that I had been researching and because it was so cheap, I ordered it for him,, So he could look good!

It came in today. Rockville RCM03,,, He doesn't know I ordered it.. If it sounds even have way decent, I will keep it for myself because "I like the way it looks." LOL

I have not heard it yet though in first person. Only videos.

LOL

I'm willing to bet aesthetics sell more mics than audio response. Especially when buying online. If it looks good then it's got to sound good. :)

I'm willing to bet aesthetics sell more mics than audio response. Especially when buying online. If it looks good then it's got to sound good. :)

How about plugins? Such nice pretty pictures of hardware boxes. :>)

Back