New Bargains

Haven't I seen that before?

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't that 2nd mic look just like the MXL, ADK, Behringer, etc. mics? Hmmmmmm.....I'd buy it just for the "imitation" vinyl case (check out the "more info" page). I like the sound quality measurement..."frickin great". What the heck is imitation vinyl, anyway?

Yeah, I've seen these things advertised in the back of recording mags. I figured sooner or later somebody would get around to mentioning them.

I too, saw these advertised in the back of HomeRecording. I'm fascinated by the development of low cost mics and am waiting for the jury to be out a bit more before taking the plunge. I mean, SP has the TB-1 tube mic for $300. Amazing! Remeber the days when the SM57 was the equivalent of $250?

Looks to me as this company is just paying to have their name put on the mic. It's a very common pratice in the electronics bussiness. I worked for a small home electronics company. One of our products was cell phone batteries. We made them here in New Jersey with, parts from Asia, with major electronic company names on them (nokia, RCA, erickson, etc)

zbert is on to it. You could call it OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) marketing & it's been done for years. You are seeing more & more of it in condensor mics with the explossion of the Chinese production in capsules. From what I've heard the Chinese are basicly soliciting just about anyone of potential interest at trade shows & throughout the industry with ready to go mic deals & they can slap your brand name on them so you will likely see the same mics showing up all over with different brand names. Sort of like a music store having it's brand name slapped on a guitar pick or a pack of strings.

imitation vinyl: used to be called "pleather"

lol...like back in the 80's when everyone bought cheap bon jovi wannabe fringe pleather jackets..:D

Producing imitation vinyl is actually a painstakingly difficult process. You have to take the hide from a dead Naga and put it in the high pressure mechanisms used to create cubic zirconia from a lump of coal.

But man is it worth it! The process turns a regular ol' Naga hide into a gleaming vinyl substitute which really holds up well. Plus it smells like "new car," so if you just put a chunk of it under the front seat of your '86 Civic--Voila, no more old Taco Bell and cigarette smell!

Jump on that deal!!!!--Rock On, Stinky

woo hooo!!

i'll bet camaflage parachute pants look good with an imitation vinyl fringe jacket..plus it'll smell sooo nice!!!:D

look out ladies!!!!:cool:

Back