New Aussie

Howdy Ench..

A CD is winging its way to you as I type. It's not the right CD, but it's a CD! Thought this was funny so I'm resurrecting your post to tell you what's happened.

I burnt some tracks on a disc for you on Saturday morning, checked the disc was OK and then left it in my stereo out in the lounge. I had a friend coming over in the afternoon who said he was getting into "self-hypnosis" and wanted to know if I could record him reading something that he was going to play back to himself as part of this thing. "Sure" I said - anyway, he rocked on over with a script written out for himself to read, I set him up with a mic, showed him how to press play and record and left him alone. He didn't want me to hear what he was actually saying. No probs. Anyway, when he finished I burned him a CD of it, he went and checked it worked in my stereo and then he made me delete the song from the AW4416.

So we had a few beers and watched football on the teev and chatted for an hour or so and then he went home, taking his CD with him. I grabbed the other one yesterday morning and posted it off to you. So my pal rings me last night telling me that the CD he has has music on it, and that he must have picked up the wrong one from the CD player. I just started laughing out loud, because I must have sent you his self-hypnosis CD instead. I never listened to it again, just picked it up from where it was sitting on the stereo and put it in the post-it bag and off it went. So, have fun listening to whatever the hell it was he was actually saying on it when it arrives. Let me know what it was! I'm curious.

Anyway, I've burnt you a new copy of what I actually meant to send you last night and I'll post it to you today - meanwhile because he made me erase his track, my friend's coming back over this weekend to re-do his self-hypnosis thing.

Moral of the story - always write a description on burnt discs.

Cheers

Even though I've clearly had a long conversation with this dude, I have absolutely no memory of doing any of the things I apparently did...

Back