Need suggestions for Large condenser $1K or less

As far as I know, none of the critical work on the Peluso Mic's is done in China. I am tlking with him tomorrow so I will ask to confirm this, but I have put some Pelusos in some pretty high profile situations and they have really turned some heads. In my opinion they are easily the best value in their price range. There are a couple of other nice mics in that range as well, but I still prefer the Peluso's :)

(Thats why I chose Peluso when adding a line)

Well, after all the info I've read and gathered - I purchased a very lightly used Peluso 2247 LE for a great price. A little more than I wanted to spend, but I want to be happy right off the bat as opposed to buying/selling. I could not really find anything bad mentioned about this mic.

Any users of this mic on here?

The modded 6802T I was talking about has the PK47 capsule - don't know if that's the same one that's in your mic, but it could be. I already said it, but I think it's great!

One more dumb question....this is my first large condenser mic - what pop filter would be good to use with this mic? Any of them?

Try not using a pop filter if you can avoid it -- practice mic technique so that your bursts of air don't hit the diaphragm -- Harvey Gerst here advocates putting the mic slightly above mouth level and angling down as needed, I think. If it's hopeless (or if you wind up recording other people who are hopeless or you don't want to risk their spittle upon your mic) then start reading about pop filters. It's a slightly controversial subject :)

Ok, so if I do go buy one just in case what do you guys recommend with this mic - will any pop filter do the job?

Back