Need recommendation for USB microphone under $150

Weed Indeed

Hello, I've been looking for a microphone for voice communication purposes (Skype, etc) as the one that comes with my headphone is very bad. However, I cannot seem find one that meets all these requirements.

1. It must use USB. The microphone in my headphone has an insane amount of white noise due to the EMI emitted from 2 of my GPUs.
2. It has to capture sound from the tip/top of the mic instead of the side (Blue Yeti/Razer Seiren for example) and if possible, be able to receive sound from around 30cm away without capturing much environmental noise, (like a shotgun mic?)
3. Preferably $150 or below but I'm open to suggestions

The reason for such requirements is because I am planning to have a microphone above my monitor (there is a platform above) where it can sit up top and point down from above head level without coming down too much where it blocks the top of my monitor.

Thanks in advance!

The only end address USB mic I have used is a Rode Podcaster, and it is >$150 and best used at a few inches away. Sounds like you need a shotgun mic.

I am curious. Why must it be USB mic? You should know that the interference you are getting is because of the use of internal soundcard and USB mic.

I would recommend upgrading to better if you are serious about this.

I am curious. Why must it be USB mic? You should know that the interference you are getting is because of the use of internal soundcard and USB mic.

I would recommend upgrading to better if you are serious about this.

What would you suggest I upgrade? The microphone will only be used for voice communication and I am upgrading as I/my friends am sick of me being too soft and/or the constant white noise in the background. Thus I am not that willing to spend too much.

My apologies for this being above your price point, but the Miktek ProCast SST USB Broadcast Microphone with Mixer may be a good choice for your needs. It is $199 on most major Internet stores. I have never used one, but have two Miktek higher end microphones, and like them very much for VO.

Back