Need info on two mics: a condenser by Philips and ??? Audio Technica ???

chrisghost

These have come into my possession lately.

1 - A hypercardioid condenser made by Philips type LBB 9430/20, Google doesn't help. Anyone? Sounds ok, not spectacular. I only know Philips for making low end mics with attached chords.

2 - This must be an Audio Technica mic, or maybe an Audix. Previous owner gave it a crappy paint job, but it sounds pretty good. Does anyone recognise which type this is?

I apreciate your input ;)
DSC04833.jpgDSC04834.jpg

I recognize that second mic. A friend gave one of them probably about seven or eight years ago. I wasn't into recording then, but just wanted a mic to use through a PA system, so he gave me that one to borrow. He gave it to me in a Shure case (the soft leather type), however, that doesn't mean it was a Shure mic. He could've just given me a random case to keep it in. I gave the mic back a few years ago, but I'll do some research to try and find the mic online.

I thought I had one of the second mics in my collection but looking at it, there's a slight difference in the grill design.

Mine is an ATM63HE by Audio Technica. As I say, the grill on mine is slightly different but it's pretty obviously in the same series.

It's not a bad mic--my only criticism is that it lacks a bit of detail at the top end but this can be useful to "tame" any source tending to be slightly harsh in that range.

FYI, my mic is a hypercardioid pattern though obviously with the slight differences in grill, this doesn't necessarily apply to yours.

Bob

Thanks for the work Guitarplayer, but it's not the same mic.

It's not a ATM63HE either, I have one and it looks way different. The 63 is bigger and has a different grill design.

I know this is an old post, but I just found the box for the black Audio Technica mic in my basement! The box says it's an ATUS PR375. I can't find any info on it online, though.

Thanks! Better late than never, right?

Can you post a picture of the picture on the box?

Sure, I actually found a guide inside the box that I scanned for you:

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Direct links so you can see them bigger:
http://f.cl.ly/items/3S3g0N3w201t332x1S0E/Front.jpg
http://f.cl.ly/items/190H3Z2n3C0s1E140X0q/Back.jpg

Pro 63 seems close enough. Perhaps an earlier model or prototype. The current one seems to have a more contoured grill. One was on eBay not to long ago that looks like it under pro 63. The MB 2k looks like it too, but in blue and a different switch. Pro 6L but different color. ATM29HE, but different grill and color. And that's about it that I could find. Pro 6L might be close enough. Is the top grill missing? Or recessed? Seems like most of those models had significant top grill-age that your picture lacks.

Based on the grill and red stripe, I'd say Pro 6L. Although still questionable given the lack of grill on top / business end. And AT's stock photo that seems a bit off black in color.

Audio-Technica - Microphones, headphones, wireless microphone systems, noise-cancelling headphones & more : PRO 6L Cardioid Dynamic Microphone (DISCONTINUED)

On the philips, the B436 hypercardioid is related somehow. Similar LBB numbers, but a few different digits. And same business end, but way different body.

Philips B436 Hypercardioid

Back