Need help getting Bm 700 Condenser Microphone to work

Shinytomb

Hello, I recently got a brand new Bm 700 Mic, this one ----> http://amzn.to/2jQuDq7 and I've had a ton of trouble getting it to work on my gaming laptop. Its a condenser microphone so I went and bought a power supply for it. The problem is that whenever I plug it in to my microphone jack on my laptop from xlr to 3.5 mm it doesn't show up anywhere on my computer. Instead of being in the recording section in sound the only mic detected is my internal mic. It might also be worth mentioning that when I plug it in my internal mic stops working. I'm on an Asus Rog gaming laptop and I'm using Windows 10 with the creator update.

Hello, I recently got a brand new Bm 700 Mic, this one ----> Amazon.com: TONOR Professional 3.5mm XLR Condenser Microphone Kit Broadcasting Recording Studio Microphone for ComputerRecording Condenser with Adjustable Microphone Suspension Scissor Arm Stand, Blue: Musical Instruments and I've had a ton of trouble getting it to work on my gaming laptop. Its a condenser microphone so I went and bought a power supply for it. The problem is that whenever I plug it in to my microphone jack on my laptop from xlr to 3.5 mm it doesn't show up anywhere on my computer. Instead of being in the recording section in sound the only mic detected is my internal mic. It might also be worth mentioning that when I plug it in my internal mic stops working. I'm on an Asus Rog gaming laptop and I'm using Windows 10 with the creator update.

OH! FORK! I guess I am going to HAVE to get Win10 or retire from HR!
Sorry chap(chapess?) I only have W7 these days. I think, first step, get the mic checked on a w7 machine into the 3.5mm jack. That MUST work because I have done it here and so has my son in France (and he is NOT at all technical!) . I suspect the audio input selection regime has been 'kd about with and now makes selection less user friendly*?

If of course the W7 PC does not work, get a meter on the XLR-jack cable.

*Msoft have I know buggered us for recording sound from Ytube and radio so who knows what else they could have borked?

Dave.

Hello, I recently got a brand new Bm 700 Mic, this one ----> Amazon.com: TONOR Professional 3.5mm XLR Condenser Microphone Kit Broadcasting Recording Studio Microphone for ComputerRecording Condenser with Adjustable Microphone Suspension Scissor Arm Stand, Blue: Musical Instruments and I've had a ton of trouble getting it to work on my gaming laptop. Its a condenser microphone so I went and bought a power supply for it. The problem is that whenever I plug it in to my microphone jack on my laptop from xlr to 3.5 mm it doesn't show up anywhere on my computer. Instead of being in the recording section in sound the only mic detected is my internal mic. It might also be worth mentioning that when I plug it in my internal mic stops working. I'm on an Asus Rog gaming laptop and I'm using Windows 10 with the creator update.
Laptop......... is there a jack for a MIC and another for HEADPHONES or is there a chance the 'MIC' jack may be a 'combo' type jack that accepts a single plug (TRRS) carrying both mic and headphone connections.

Back