need help

EmHalavac

I just bought a cheap mic and it has a background noise deleter. this is good but now when i record vocals on Cool edit Pro the vocals arent that good. They sound like i have been sayin them from my nose. Can I fix this problem? I sure ain't going to be mad if there is some background noise, I just want to get good quality vocals. and please dont tell me to get a new computer or microphone, i dont have the money for that. I just want to know how to get better quality with this mic, cuz i seen people wit the same mics, and their vocals sound pretty good.

EmHalavac said:
I just bought a cheap mic and it has a background noise deleter. this is good but now when i record vocals on Cool edit Pro the vocals arent that good. They sound like i have been sayin them from my nose. Can I fix this problem? I sure ain't going to be mad if there is some background noise, I just want to get good quality vocals. and please dont tell me to get a new computer or microphone, i dont have the money for that. I just want to know how to get better quality with this mic, cuz i seen people wit the same mics, and their vocals sound pretty good.

It probably has some sort of filter in it that's taking out parts of your vocals along with the noise. You can't turn it off? There's not much you can do if that's the case. You can try to EQ the frequencies back in, but you can't add what wasn't originally recorded. What kind of mic is it?

Back