My little mic collection

homestudioguy

This is my small mic collection to date.
SE Electronics: TITAN titanium FET/LDC; Z5600A Tube LDC; R1 Ribbon; Z3300A FET/LDC; and 2 SE3s SDCs.
AKG: C5 Condensor
Shure: SM57, SM58

StudioMics201234 (640x454).jpg

Ya gonna pick up an X1?
Not sure about an X1 although it seems to be reviewing well.
I'd consider getting another sE2200a though. I sold mine awhile back and regret it.
I'd also get another Z3300A to have a pair of them.
It is an awesome piano mic and works well on a lot of other sources like acoustic guitar and lower male voices.
I've used it live on our churche's Steinway Concert Grand Piano and it sounded wonderful.
Beyond that, I REALLY love that Neumann TLM 49.
Tried it out at last summer's Sweetwater Music Fest.
Sweet!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UdQi8rZ-Tg

It's a good solid high-quality ribbon mic.
When it has enough gain pushing it, it is actually quite nice, in fact.
(Gotta sign off for a tad...)

Those are nice but that ones not the best sounding mic in that shoot-out. Just my opinion.

I have to agree there CD.
However, for my own personal Baritonish kind of voice, the TLM49 provided a very nice sound.
My sE Z5600A does a really nice job as well, especially up close and personal.
I need to swap out the Chinese Tube someday though........... :rolleyes:

Heartwarming, such childish enthousiasm to want to show your mic collection. (No pun!)
CG,
I really don't understand your comment :confused: but I'm also not sure if I really need to either. ;)

Over the course of the 6+ years I've been involved on HR.com, I've posted photos of most of my mics here to generate comments and questions in order to learn more and to share what little I can to be helpful. Some comments made have made me question my mic purchases enough to sell them and some comments have made me keep what I have.

As I am sure YOU are aware of, my little mic collection is certainly nothing to brag about per se especially when compared to the high priced Neumanns and AKGs and BLUEs and DPAs and Manleys and others I've seen photos of and read about here since 2005.

From another perspective though, having lived in poverty, then putting myself through college and becoming a professional freelance and symphony orchestra trombonist and finally after all these years, being able to fulfill a dream of having my own recording studio, I feel quite lucky and blessed to have what equipment I am fortunate enough to have.

How about you?

Nonetheless, thanks for commenting!

CG,
I really don't understand your comment :confused: but I'm also not sure if I really need to either. ;)

Over the course of the 6+ years I've been involved on HR.com, I've posted photos of most of my mics here to generate comments and questions in order to learn more and to share what little I can to be helpful. Some comments made have made me question my mic purchases enough to sell them and some comments have made me keep what I have.

As I am sure YOU are aware of, my little mic collection is certainly nothing to brag about per se especially when compared to the high priced Neumanns and AKGs and BLUEs and DPAs and Manleys and others I've seen photos of and read about here since 2005.

From another perspective though, having lived in poverty, then putting myself through college and becoming a professional freelance and symphony orchestra trombonist and finally after all these years, being able to fulfill a dream of having my own recording studio, I feel quite lucky and blessed to have what equipment I am fortunate enough to have.

How about you?

Nonetheless, thanks for commenting!

Like I said, I'm not trying to make you look or feel bad. Childish enthousiasm is the best thing in the world (to me).

I struggle to get my gear together, and I'm proud of it, just like you.

I think it's sweet you made a picture of your collection to show it here. I recognise your enthousiasm.

Don't worry, ok?

Back