My first T3 observation

Imagine

Let me start by saying, we all have favorite microphones we live by. My latest high, has been the C1. It's one of those things where, you're either attracted to the sound or you're not, I am... That simple!

I've been tracking using either a C12, U87, M-149, 414II, AT4060 for many years. I've always enjoyed using these microphones for various applications, but of late, my game plan was to purchase a new vocal mic, to get away from the usual array of mics, I had been using.

The C1 does indeed have an older brother, the T3, ahh...... the T3!

The first thing that comes to mind when listening back to a track I just recorded is, "Transparently Open". The same quality I had when using either a C12 or M-149. The top end is extremely smooth, without any distortion. Now keep in mind, I don't have any equipment to measure the ratio of distortion, but it wasn't audible. The mids sit quite nicely in the track and are not overly exaggerated, and the lows, puuuurrrfect, no over compensation going on here either.

I haven't even tried using any of the other settings. At the moment, I'm recording via Cardiod.

I'm tracking using an Avalon 737. My ISA 110 is next on the list.

Imagine

Back