MXLV69 Mogami Edition

pranaearth

Okay, I listened to the advice given to me in my previous post, and for my personal vocal recordings I decided to get the mic mentioned in the title. Now, this mic comes with a power supply. Now I have a sily newbie question. Do I need to use phantom power on this mic, or does the included power supply do the job? See, silly. I just don't want to go blowing up my new electronics.
Thanks again for the help.
Prana

MadAudio said:
Since it's a tube mic, make sure to let it warm up awhile.
MadAudio is correct. You should let the Tube mic warm up for at least 30 minutes, an hour if you have time. :)

Wow, thanks again for the info. This is my first tube mic. The only thing I don't like about it so far is the scarce documentation. One 8X11 sheet of paper. Printed on one side. (Ahem) My cheapie Shure microphone came with more than that! lol.
Anyway, the "instructions" say to use the microphone in an inverted position, so the diaphram dosen't get damaged from the heat of the tube.
So does inverted mean I point the microphone downwards?

Thanks again for the tips and advice,
Peter

pranaearth said:
Anyway, the "instructions" say to use the microphone in an inverted position, so the diaphram dosen't get damaged from the heat of the tube. So does inverted mean I point the microphone downwards?
The V69 is a side addressed mic... and inverted means, capsule on bottom (towards floor) and tube on top (towards ceiling) or cable end pointed towards the ceiling... you know, mount the mic up side down.

Last edited:
Back