Mxl 2006

You know, that may be the one mic that never seems to get any discussion around here. Do a search and see if you can find info. Last I heard, it was like the V67 but much brighter.

If I’m not mistaken, someone at MXL once told me that the 2006 used the same Schoeps type circuit (a.k.a. the “Dorsey mod, etc.) as the 1006, but utilized better capacitors. I guess they got wind of everyone modifying their V63s, V57s, and 1006s, and thought they’d try it themselves. I know some folks love the V67, but I think the 2006 is MXL's best bang for the buck right now, and also one of, if not the best all-around LDC for <$100 street.

Flatpicker said:
If I’m not mistaken, someone at MXL once told me that the 2006 used the same Schoeps type circuit (a.k.a. the “Dorsey mod, etc.) as the 1006, but utilized better capacitors. I guess they got wind of everyone modifying their V63s, V57s, and 1006s, and thought they’d try it themselves. I know some folks love the V67, but I think the 2006 is MXL's best bang for the buck right now, and also one of, if not the best all-around LDC for <$100 street.

Damn you!! My wife is gonna kill me!

Time to check the sofa for change...

Back