Multiple microphones for livestreaming.

TheCrolo

Hi guys my names Keelan and I could use some help with this one, I'm certainly not an expert on audio and there's a couple questions I need to ask.

First for the live-streaming I mentioned. Me and a group of people we're planning on making a live-streaming setup. Now I already own an M-Audio Producer Microphone and I was looking for other cheaper alternatives that could still give decent quality. We will all more than likely be on one table with several computers around so there may be some background noise if that will be a problem. Nothing too fancy is needed but I would still like a little bit of quality.

Secondly if I do get microphones is it better to use XLR with a box for multiple inputs instead of plugging several USBs into my computer?

If you have any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch in advance
Keelan

I doubt you'll make it work with multiple USB mics, so you're going to need regular mics with XLR outputs.

Since you don't need to stream the mics separately you don't really need an audio interface to handle the mics, you need a mixer and a 2-channel interface. There are mixer/interface combos that would probably work well for you. Mix the mics in analog then stream the mix.

Thanks a ton dude
Do you any suggestions on decent but not overly expensive xlr microphones? I am willing to spend money but nothing ridiculous.
Thanks again man :)

Back