MoreMe Headphones ???

cjacek

Analogue Enthusiast
Currently I use some very cheap (and overly "bright" and "trebly") Koss headphones I bought years ago. The right side is hanging on by a wire, literally. :( I've heard and read about the MoreMe's and am wondering who here uses and recommends them for tracking ? No, I'm not after the expensive Sennheiser sound. I'm just after good, and inexpensive, cans for tracking that'll be better than my Koss' :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to write a review for the MoreMe's I'd appreciate it. Also, now there are 2 versions of these. Which one would you recommend ? Is the $10 price difference worth it ?

Thanks,

Daniel

I picked up 5 pair of them... no - not because of the sound quality (they won't win awards for that!), but they are fairly robust and cheap enough to be disposable when a local heavy metal decides that they would make good amp stands........

I have 3 pair and will order about 6 more soon if Harvey still has them. Go over to Harvey's forum. He has a write up on them that is very accurate and straight to the point.

They are sturdy and well worth the little money.

He also has extension cables.

Good Luck

Malcolm

cjacek said:
Currently I use some very cheap (and overly "bright" and "trebly") Koss headphones I bought years ago. The right side is hanging on by a wire, literally. :( I've heard and read about the MoreMe's and am wondering who here uses and recommends them for tracking ? No, I'm not after the expensive Sennheiser sound. I'm just after good, and inexpensive, cans for tracking that'll be better than my Koss' :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to write a review for the MoreMe's I'd appreciate it. Also, now there are 2 versions of these. Which one would you recommend ? Is the $10 price difference worth it ?

Thanks,

Daniel
There is a review of the MoreMe phones posted here:

http://www.recording.org/e-mag/article_99.shtml

and I'm hoping TapeOp will do a review on them.

As to your question:

Yes, I've just added the new "Studio Deluxe" Stereo/Mono headphones to the MoreMe line. What's the difference, and are they worth $10 more? Since I'm the only person that has heard these two models side by side, I'll hafta be the person reviewing it for right now. Here goes.

Differences:

The MoreMe "Studio Deluxe" has a really nice padded headband; the MoreMe "Studio Phones" doesn't.

The MoreMe "Studio Deluxe" has a permanent 1/4" stereo plug; the MoreMe "Studio Phones" has a 1/8" to 1/4" adaptor.

In addition to the color coated logos, the MoreMe "Studio Deluxe" has color coded 3/4" circles labeled "Left" and "Right" in big letters, and a giant "L" and "R" at the headband.

The MoreMe "Studio Deluxe" has the recommended "Midrange Mod" already in it for smoother mids and improved isolation.

Finally, the manufacturer claims extended bass and treble response for the "Studio Deluxe", compared to the standard "MoreMe" phones. I don't hear any difference. The drivers in both models look and sound identical to me.

And now we come to "Value" - is the "Studio Deluxe" worth 10 bucks more?

To me, yes, since I'm the idiot tearing these things apart, stuffing them with foam, snapping them back together, and putting on all the little squares and circles, just to make sure somebody puts the damn things on right.

Is it worth $10 to you? Maybe not. You can easily do the mod in a few minutes, and the 1/8" to 1/4" adaptor comes in handy at times (but it's a pain in the ass when you lose it). The padded headband on the "Deluxe" however, is really comfortable.

The real downside is that at $30, it's now competing with sale prices from some of the better known headphone companies' low end stuff, but it probably has better isolation than most of the low priced units from the majors - and my warranty is a hell of a lot better than the other guys, if it breaks.

Bottom line? Hell, we're talking about a lousy 10 bucks here. If you're too damn lazy to do the Mod (and wanna make me do it), get the "Studio Deluxe" phones for the measly $10 more.

Either way, either model of the MoreMe phones is a hell of a lot better than the damn Koss models I had (I've still got 10 pair of Koss here, with one broken side hanging from the wire).

Hope this helps; I tried to be as honest as possible.

Re: Re: MoreMe Headphones ???

Harvey Gerst said:
There is a review of the MoreMe phones posted here:

http://www.recording.org/e-mag/article_99.shtml

and I'm hoping TapeOp will do a review on them.

As to your question:

Yes, I've just added the new "Studio Deluxe" Stereo/Mono headphones to the MoreMe line. What's the difference, and are they worth $10 more? Since I'm the only person that has heard these two models side by side, I'll hafta be the person reviewing it for right now. Here goes.

Differences:

The MoreMe "Studio Deluxe" has a really nice padded headband; the MoreMe "Studio Phones" doesn't.

The MoreMe "Studio Deluxe" has a permanent 1/4" stereo plug; the MoreMe "Studio Phones" has a 1/8" to 1/4" adaptor.

In addition to the color coated logos, the MoreMe "Studio Deluxe" has color coded 3/4" circles labeled "Left" and "Right" in big letters, and a giant "L" and "R" at the headband.

The MoreMe "Studio Deluxe" has the recommended "Midrange Mod" already in it for smoother mids and improved isolation.

Finally, the manufacturer claims extended bass and treble response for the "Studio Deluxe", compared to the standard "MoreMe" phones. I don't hear any difference. The drivers in both models look and sound identical to me.

And now we come to "Value" - is the "Studio Deluxe" worth 10 bucks more?

To me, yes, since I'm the idiot tearing these things apart, stuffing them with foam, snapping them back together, and putting on all the little squares and circles, just to make sure somebody puts the damn things on right.

Is it worth $10 to you? Maybe not. You can easily do the mod in a few minutes, and the 1/8" to 1/4" adaptor comes in handy at times (but it's a pain in the ass when you lose it). The padded headband on the "Deluxe" however, is really comfortable.

The real downside is that at $30, it's now competing with sale prices from some of the better known headphone companies' low end stuff, but it probably has better isolation than most of the low priced units from the majors - and my warranty is a hell of a lot better than the other guys, if it breaks.

Bottom line? Hell, we're talking about a lousy 10 bucks here. If you're too damn lazy to do the Mod (and wanna make me do it), get the "Studio Deluxe" phones for the measly $10 more.

Either way, either model of the MoreMe phones is a hell of a lot better than the damn Koss models I had (I've still got 10 pair of Koss here, with one broken side hanging from the wire).

Hope this helps; I tried to be as honest as possible.

Yes. Thank you Harvey!

Daniel

malcolm123 said:
I have 3 pair and will order about 6 more soon if Harvey still has them.

Malcolm
I'm thinking of doing a "Buy 4 Or More - Get 1 Free!" deal for Christmas. I wanna keep it simple so, you buy four or more of any one thing, you get another one free. I won't put up any notices (other than this one), but if you buy four or more of one thing between now and Christmas, I'll just automatically throw in a free one of the same item.

Harvey Gerst said:
I'm thinking of doing a "Buy 4 Or More - Get 1 Free!" deal for Christmas. I wanna keep it simple so, you buy four or more of any one thing, you get another one free. I won't put up any notices (other than this one), but if you buy four or more of one thing between now and Christmas, I'll just automatically throw in a free one of the same item.

I'd buy four on friday if you did this deal.

Well, consider this the official notice then. Buy four or more of any one thing in the line, get an extra one thrown in free.

Hello. I bought a set of the regular ol' MoreMe headphones from Harvey. I like them well enough. They are a good value, but are certainly the kind of headphones you buy just because you break about 4 pair per year.

Two things you might want to be aware of:
1. The cord is short.
2. They are not comfortable to wear for long periods of time.

Due to reason 2, I would recommend the Deluxe version.

Politicker said:
Hello. I bought a set of the regular ol' MoreMe headphones from Harvey. I like them well enough. They are a good value, but are certainly the kind of headphones you buy just because you break about 4 pair per year.

Two things you might want to be aware of:
1. The cord is short.
2. They are not comfortable to wear for long periods of time.

Due to reason 2, I would recommend the Deluxe version.
Agreed, on both counts. Either set can be adjusted to fit more comfortably by bending the wire supports.

As I've said all along, if you're the only one using the phones, you're better off with a really good set, like the Sony 7506, but if you need several sets for other people, the MoreMe's are a really good deal.

ozraves said:
Yeah, Harvey was beating me up for not putting them on my Xmas list. :)
That's because it's a no brainer when you don't care enough to send somebody a really nice gift. :)

"MoreMe Headphones - when you don't care enough to buy the very best !!"

Back