Mono Recording settings in Windows 7 for XLR Mic through Focusrite SOLO.

South

Hi.
I've just bought a new microphone which is an Audio Technica AT2035 and I have a few problems with the settings.

In Audacity I have settings to change the recording from Stereo to Mono because when I listen myself, I hear only in the left ear, now the question is how do I make settings for Windows 7 to record overall Mono.

I'm listening in: SteelSeries Siberia V3 Prism.
I'm recording with: Audio Technica AT2035 with Focusrite Solo in my PC. (USB)

If you have any tips for this microphone, I'd like to hear them because I'm in process of finding the perfect settings for vocals.

Your problem is not with windows 7. Your problem will likely be in Audacity. You are trying to record a mono vocal on a stereo track. Make sure the track you record on is mono and not stereo. Create a mono track.

Thank you, mixlab.
Indeed, the problem was in Audacity.

I have one more question about my microphone, how can I get rid of that robotic voice?
The volume in Focusrite SOLO is around 2 o'clock and Window settings are:
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot

In Level tab I have just a setting for volume which I have at 100.
If there are some specific settings for what I'm looking for but I haven't found them, tell me please.

From your screenshots, it looks like you have the Focusrite hooked up through the lineouts of it to your computer's line-ins. You should have it hooked up through USB so that it becomes your default soundcard, and your headphones would plug into it.

Back