Missing a part to attach Rode shock mount to a boom arm...

chaoshead

Not sure if i can ask this here, but where do i get the part (an adapter?) that is supposed to make my rode shock mount attach/fit onto this boom arm? Can i buy that part anywhere, or? As you can see, the holder of the arm is too small for my Rode shock mount, and the microphone holder that came along with the boom arm, does not support the size of my NT-1... Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
14681587_1076197972449279_2840843381391944314_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there,
You're looking for a microphone thread adapter like this.
You can get them all over the place online and probably at any local music shop.

Oh wow, that is some quick help! It certainly looks like that will solve this one for me, yeah! I shall give it a go, indeed. Thanks again!

Funny little buggers.
You buy one because you don't have one and you need one, then you blink and you have a box of about 50 of them and no idea where they came from.

Funny little buggers.
You buy one because you don't have one and you need one, then you blink and you have a box of about 50 of them and no idea where they came from.

Lol! I'm sure I have 10+ of them somewhere around here.. No friggen clue where...

You would think that the world could standardise the size of a mic stand thread LOL. Drives me mad, I would have at least 30 of the adaptors around the place, Always somewhere other than where I need it.
Alan.

The "hole" in that Rode part looks far bigger to me than any mic stand thread I have ever encountered?
You might have to ask Rode about it.

As for threads being standardized? Bloody good idea! When TF is the US going metric? (Heh! We get the worst of all worlds here. Engine sizes in CCs/Litres, power output in BHP . Beer in pints, milk in ltrs . Recipes in oz, fluid oz.

When my son (44) was in upper school they were taught BOTH! Result? Never be a carpenter!

Dave.

The "hole" in that Rode part looks far bigger to me than any mic stand thread I have ever encountered?

naah . . . . I've got heaps of Rode stuff. It's all bog standard. Appearances are deceiving.

I found a long bolt that had the same thread as those adapters, so I screwed them all onto that to keep the safe. Brilliant!

Then I lost it . . . bolt and all.

So much for brilliant ideas.

Back