mini condensors for acoustic

kip4

Has anyone tried using those tiny little lavalier mics for recording acoustics in the studio?
How did you like it ? is it worth trying?
I'm thinking of making a bracket and using it onboard the guitar body. Good idea or not?

and is it a problem using this type of mic (with such low impedances) through an everyday preamp
for recording in my daw

Has anyone tried using those tiny little lavalier mics for recording acoustics in the studio?
How did you like it ? is it worth trying?
I'm thinking of making a bracket and using it onboard the guitar body. Good idea or not?

and is it a problem using this type of mic (with such low impedances) through an everyday preamp
for recording in my daw

It depends on the mic. as these small mics can be noisy compared to a proper SDC.

I know people have done this with a DPA 4060, but I would not bother doing it with a lesser mic. unless you are just messing around and experimenting.

Thanks for the help guys.
I'm still looking into it.
No i was not thinking of going wireless moresound. Guess i'm a bit old school when it comes to mics.
thanks mr willett and mr hilarious. I'll check out the DPA 4060, i will defenatly consider an omni too.

Is just that when you said lavalier microphone I normally thought wireless.

You can also check out small omni microphones by Naiant HERE.

Thanks for the help guys.
I'm still looking into it.
No i was not thinking of going wireless moresound. Guess i'm a bit old school when it comes to mics.
thanks mr willett and mr hilarious. I'll check out the DPA 4060, i will definitely consider an omni too.

The DPA 4060 is an omni.

THIS is the 4060 stereo kit I am considering.

I had been looking for a small condenser to run on my dobro so I mix it with the pickup.
Seems like this should do the job, right?Naiant

I know what your talking about Ray. I've got a bunch now. I've been finding them here and there for sale used and been gathering all I can find.
One day, who knows, they could be worth millions! Limited production and all.

i looked at the spec for the naiant mics and this is just my opinion but i think the u-o would probably best suit my needs. Do i need to buy a pre for it too from same company? and a guitar bracket?
Do you ship to the uk?
if so how much for shipping?
this will greatly affect the price i believe because last time i shipped a guitar from the us. The tax man wanted a huge lump before he released it from the bond warehouse.
Any help please pm me only i dont want to get in trouble here as i love this forum and value the opinions of the old masters thanks

Back