Mic's to sample drums

ChildProdigy

As opposed to playing drums live and recording them that way, I would like to record literally one drum/cymbal at a time, and put together the drum tracks in acid. Disregard the amount of holes in the plan I just described and suggest to me some high end mics to be used to record snare, kick, toms, and cymbals, all individually.

Unless I purchase a tube mic, I will probably be using an ART tube MP in conjunction with whatever you suggest, or possibly something better. BTW, big fat drum tones are what I like (foo fighters, failure, etc.).

Or,

Shure SM 81 for cymbals. Or some Nuemann U 87's. Or AT 4033

EV RE 27 n/d for kick

Of course a 57 for snare and toms.

Don't care for your nickname CP. Sorry. Seems pretentious.

Ed

i agree with sonusman only on the toms i would use a 421 because of slightly better low end (i find more force in the sound). also for a slightly crisper snare use a beta57.

Another method that works well for me is experimenting with one good condensor mic by moving it round a room till i like the sound; then you can record everything with that one mic. you can find different sounds just by changing the angle and polar pattern of the mic.
By doing this you can eventualy find all the sounds you need but it isn't quick.

Back