Mics I'm Totally Spoilt For Choice.

Thanks all.......
Yes the AKG C451 does seem bright and a bit harsh.......
I emailed Lakewood guitars who have a few clips on their site to ask what they used for the demo recordings.....the guitar is a small body OM M32 and is pretty bright, i think its going to be a bit of a stinker to a get a nice recorded sound.

Try any other mics you have at your disposal and see what works best with the Lakewood. I am partial to condensers because I'm a "quiet" freak but try as many different types/models as you can to determine what you like best for your situation.

Rick i was just watching your videos on Y/Tube nice playing there, i need to come over for some lessons or look for some of your dvd's.
Rick off topic a bit here but what string gauges were you using on the u tube vids?

All of my acoustics are set up with extra lights - 10/14/22/30/36/48.
My 1st video is on DVD now. The other 3 are available for download.
See http://liondogmusic.com/products.htm#Instructional%20Books%20and%20Videos
for details.

Just thought i'd pop in a few years later, just looking at the Rode nt2a, any thoughts for fingerstyle steel string acoustic guitar?
Thanks
Vikki(uk)

Hi Vikki,
There's not really much info to go on. The Nt2a is a fine enough mic and I doubt you'll have any problem with it, but the sound of the instrument and the environment you're in are very important.

Sure, the mic is important too but the instrument and room are the foundation.
If those are solid then any reputable mic is going to get you a satisfactory capture.
The difference between mic a/b/c is going to be mostly personal preference.

Back