Microphone for Specific Application

vivu91

Hey,
I am a newbie in the audio field. However i am developing an industrial testing equipment where i need to measure the sound after hitting an object in an industrial environment. I am looking for a microphone which picks up mainly this sound and cuts all other sounds around it as it operates in an industrial environment. Also am looking to be able to plug it into a computer directly. I am looking to listen mainly frequencies upto 20khz however if it can support upto 40khz then even better..

Thanks in advance :)

Vivek

THanks

Hey thanks,, But is there some specifc kind of cardoid pattern and response I should be looking for? Also what are the typical prices of these microphones? Can they be plugged in directly to the laptop or woudl they need a separate amp? Sorry for the very newbie questions :(
Vivek

Well, if you want to be able to record frequencies up to 40kHz, you'll need an interface that can handle sampling rates up to at least 96k.

A shotgun-style mic might work for you, I'd imagine. They're highly directional. Look 'em up on the google.

Back