Is it microphone or post processing?

harman90

Hi,
Hope everyone is doing fine.

Above voice sample contains 2 voice clips of same Voice artist. In first Audio! You can really feel the bass stand out.
This kind of Voice over is very common in INDIAN COMMERCIALS AND AWARD FUNCTIONS.

Here is another Example of T His similar kind of Voice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bavZ_QeGbFE

Is this Post processing or Microphone? Please help? (i use Adobe audition for Post processing, Can i reach close to it with SM7B microphone.)

It's the microphone and the processing, but it's also the person's voice and how he uses the microphone. All four elements must be present to get that result.

Hi, Thank you for reply.
How can I achieve it.
Voice surely does play a role, But I dont think its natural bass because There are many similar samples of different Voice over artists and All of them sound same .

In above example, VO artist of Clip and Video are different, but Voice sounds so much similar.

Can you help me to achieve it?

I already Do Voiceovers (on my youtube vidoes), i just want to know some Post processing techniques to Add this similar tinge of bass to my VOICE OVERS.

( my whole knowledge is based on Videos from youtube videos , SO please Dont mind My noob-ish replies.)

I already Do Voiceovers, i just want to know some Post processing techniques to Add this similar tinge of bass to my VOICE OVERS.

Ah, new information! I didn't know it was your specific voice that you wanted to process. It seemed like a more general question, "how do I turn any voice into that announcer voice". If I had simply suggested the mic and processing you might have been quite disappointed with the results.

I suspect an SM7 would do the trick. US radio announcers often have that sort of tone and many of them use those or EV RE20 mics. What I hear added is eq and dynamics, particularly multiband compression letting you push those lows and then control them.

Thank you For that. I got SM7b. I tried Playing with Eqs in adobe audition but it sounded rather harsh. So I just wanted To get that particular kind of bass (which is punchy and soothing at same time.) because I hear it all the time In movies and commercials.

I tried searching youtube but wasnt able to find any similar processing videos. Infact they all prefer to limit out all the low frequencies . (sorry if I am using wrong terminologies.)

So any of My senior Friends could share SOme examples , I will really appreciate it.

It sounds to me like multiband compression is the missing piece of your puzzle. That will tame the lows after you boost them.

Do a search on the terms "announcer" and "vst". There are plugins designed specifically for this, and some generic ones that will work.

It sounds to me like multiband compression is the missing piece of your puzzle. That will tame the lows after you boost them.

Do a search on the terms "announcer" and "vst". There are plugins designed specifically for this, and some generic ones that will work.

Tried searching But couldn't Find any.
can you suggest any for Adobe audition, I will appreciate it.

Back