Microphone options.. What should i buy!

danielholgate

Hey guys i wanna record pop/rnb vocals and am looking for a good mic to fit that.. I want a nice smooth neyo/drake rnb aound, obviously its not that easy and a mic wont make that happen its just an example of what i am trying to get at... Also a decent pre amp aptions would
Be appreciated .. I have been looking at focusrite and presonus equipment presonus fireatudio mobile and focusrite pre's are £150,

For mixrophones i was looking at blue soarj and blue bluebird... I cant keep my eyes off them im 90% sure i will get one of the 2.. But just want to know if anyone can suggest some mic's that are as good if bot better.., around the £200 price range [ $320 ]

If you don't own a mic, get a Shure SM-57, because it works on vocals and guitar amps really well. It's also a good snare drum mic. I prefer an SM-57 for vocals, because it has a nice wind screen and seems a bit smoother. Condenser mics work great on vocals. Since there are plenty of good ones for around $100 and they sound stunning on acoustic guitars, they're a nice thing to have. The only problem with condensers is that they're extremely sensitive to ambient noise, which can be a problem in a home studio.

Back