Microphone for higher pitched rappers with some sibilance issues

Jesse Langford

Hello,

I record rap vocals... and in the future want to make a mixtape. I currently have the blue spark, but I have a very high voice with lots of sibilance... So I'm willing to invest in another microphone. I record in an untreated room and am thinking about getting the sm7b with a cloudlifter, would this be a good combo for someone of a higher, more sibilance plagued voice for rap vocals? Or would it just not fit the microphone.

Self mixed song ( DONT WORRY, I will pay to have this engineered, this is just my practice soundcloud): https://soundcloud.com/jesse-langford-2/unorthodox

I'm the first guy... I just did some homemade eq and compression, will the shure sm7b be an ok match for my voice? Or is a condenser the way to go? If so what's a good condenser on the darker side for someone of a higher voice?

yes sm7b + cloud-lifer would be a great choice, it should work well with most male voices, I slightly prefer the RE20 but it's just a personal taste thing, so either the RE20 or sm7b

yes sm7b + cloud-lifer would be a great choice, it should work well with most male voices, I slightly prefer the RE20 but it's just a personal taste thing, so either the RE20 or sm7b

Did you listen to the example of my voice? Because I feel my voice resembles one of a female more than a male. So I might not be "Most Male Voices". Just making sure :)

Did you listen to the example of my voice? Because I feel my voice resembles one of a female more than a male. So I might not be "Most Male Voices". Just making sure :)

lol yes I listened, and for the record your voice doesn't sound that feminine to me, you could try renting both the mics for a day and see which one works for you

Back