Microphone!

dileepkella85

Hello guys!
For my project I need microphone which can hear sound at least at 1meter distance, can you please guide few of them, what specifications I should look for to buy that?

I have attached two microphones whether that will be good for me or not?

1-
Sensitivity: -68dB ± 3dB (0.56mV/Pa)
Polar Polarity: Unidirectional
Frequency: 50 – 18,000 Hz
Dimension: 185mm
Power: 1.5V Battery

2-
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency: 40 – 18,000 Hz
Sensitivity: -48dB V/Pa (4.0mV/Pa)
Power requirements: have both options of phantom power and battery power supply 1.5V AA Battery

3-
Polar Patter: Cardioid
Frequency: 30 - 18,000 Hz
Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa
Power requirements: Direct power from input source
Dimension: 13.5 x 45 mm

I am also cautious about the phantom power, I don't want the circuit to be bigger do I need to have pre-amplifier for that?

Thank you very much for your help.

Deekay

Choosing the right mic is more complicated than looking at specs - other considerations include sound source, location and placement techniques.

+1 on that
Give us some more details and we may be able to help you out.
Why and What do you want to record?
What other gear are you using? Pre amp? Interface etc

May I suggest that you read the following tutorial to gain a better understanding of microphones. Pretty much any microphone will pick up a source that is 1 meter away if i the source has any sort of volume to it. Some microphones will pick it up better than others, some will pick up more of the surrounding sound ( omni mics for example) while some will have better rejection of sounds to the side ( cardioid for example, or shotgun "hypercardioid" even more).

Microphones: Basic Understanding Of The Different Types

Virtually every mic. on the market will hear at a distance of 1-metre.

So you have a choice from 5p to tens of thousands of pounds.

You need to sit down and talk with someone who knows what thet are doing and discuss your project in detail to find the bst option for you.

If, as you imply, this is a school project - talk it through with your tutor.

Back