Mic Recommendation

HarleyRider

I need some recommendations on a mic for live venues.....Cheapest ones that you would recommend....Brand and model.....(for vocals).

PS. yeah I know about BUY IT WRONG AND BUY IT TWICE....Thats why I'm asking for you experienced people to recommend.

Thanks in Advance guys...I appreciate it.

I clicked button to post the question and system hung.....I refreshed page after several minutes and found it posted it twice. Sorry.

It's no big deal... that happens sometimes. :) Anyway, checkout the Sennheiser E845... and the Shure SM57's, and SM58's work good too.

Here's a tip, or at least something to think about... if you're sharing any monitors, eq's, etc... it's easier to keep the mics hotter and the feedback down when all the vocal mics are the same kind... for example, all Sennheiser E845's.

Last edited:
Hey...I didn't know that...that's a useful tip. Each of us were going to run out and pick up our own mics.....I'll call them this evening and we better get organized and agree upon a certain one. never knew that. Thanx

HarleyRider said:
Hey...I didn't know that...that's a useful tip. Each of us were going to run out and pick up our own mics.....I'll call them this evening and we better get organized and agree upon a certain one. never knew that. Thanx
Your welcome. I've done more live shows than I can count... from Mel Tillis to Bonnie Raitt to Ronnie Montrose and just about everyone in between... anyways, I'm more than happy to help here when I can. Take care, good luck, and have fun.

Back