Mic issues

mak206

I have an mxl v69 mogami edition mic and it has been working great lately. just the other day when I was recording, there was tons of static. I noticed that there was static when I plugged the mogami 7-pin cable into the mic. I am thinking there is a catch in the mogami cable. When not recording, which has been quite a bit lately, I keep the mic unplugged and protected in its case. Any other ideas?

Last edited:
mak206 said:
bump.

Really need to know so I know what to replace

Dude how the heck is someone gonna know that over the internet???? Try some trouble shooting. AS cheap as those are go get a new one, or send it to someone for repair

mak206 said:
I have an mxl v69 mogami edition mic and it has been working great lately. just the other day when I was recording, there was tons of static. I noticed that there was static when I plugged the mogami 7-pin cable into the mic. I am thinking there is a catch in the mogami cable. When not recording, which has been quite a bit lately, I keep the mic unplugged and protected in its case. Any other ideas?
mak

Ignore recording"pro". He's an unhelpful little gnome with a micropenis cerebrum who hangs out here when his real life isn't going well and he needs to feel important.

Try moving/wiggling the cable and see if that causes any difference in the static.

Are you sure it's in the mic? Have you tried another mic into the same signal chain?

Is there a lot of humidity in your environment? If so, sometimes drying the capsule by leaving the mic several feet over a low wattage light bulb for a few hours might help.

Unfortunately, your other options of changing out the cable, tube or power supply are somewhat more expensive or involved. Good luck.

Back