Mic with built in reverb setting ?

JakeyMort

Hi, I'm looking to get a mic to record some singing at home but I'm super lazy and don't want to learn how to edit my recordings in post, I saw a video on youtube of the rode nta1 and the guy showed its "taste sensitivity" feature which was 1 roboty voice setting and 1 reverb setting.

is there any other reputable mics with built in reverb like the nta1 or is it the only one, not interested in the terrible karaoke mics with equally bad reverb

Thanks

Rode nt1a does not have builtin effects nor do most any decent mics. TC Helicon and maybe a few other manufacturers do make vocal effect boxes that can record into a computer via USB.

I'm super lazy and don't want to learn how to edit my recordings in post

This whole site is kept alive by the desire to learn how to do something, and the desire to share knowledge of how to do something.
Get on board. ;)

Edit: The guy in the video is taking the piss.

The ONLY mics with effects built in are those designed for cheap home karaoke machines, as you mentioned. There would be no point having such a feature on any decent quality mic - because the person using it is absolutely the wrong person in the wrong place to make any objective decisions on what they sound like.

Frankly, being super lazy puts you at odds with the recording community - who spend hours on tiny detail. There is no quick fix, sorry. The other thing of course is that if there was such a mic, it would be the wrong one for your voice!

Back