mic article in acoustic guitar mag

Cliff

There is a pretty good article on mics in the latest issue of Acoustic Guitar with David Crosby on the cover. It covers different types as well as giving some suggestions for placement. There is also some discussion of live setups. A pretty good magazine overall, just can't figure out why they tabbed a Sugar Ray song, that usually ain't they're style. Hey I guess you got to sell magazines somehow.

Sugar Ray does have some tasty acoustic riffs in the songs I've heard of his on the radio.

I didn't really mean to knock Sugar Ray (okay maybe I did a little), my point was that this magazine usually covers very traditional acoustic artists. I found it kind of surprising that they did an article about a band that features a DJ and turntables. There was a time when I first started playing guitar that I was happy to get tab for the most simple stuff I found on the radio but these days I'm trying to concentrate on bluegrass flatpicking a la Tony Rice, which makes Sugar Ray's riffs a little tasteless in comparison.

Back