Mic Advice

tgray96

Looking to buy a clip on mic for a saxophone, not looking for a 250 dollar mic, or I'd buy the Audio Technica, as i have used it and like it...need something budget friendly! Thanks

Looking to buy a clip on mic for a saxophone, not looking for a 250 dollar mic, or I'd buy the Audio Technica, as i have used it and like it...need something budget friendly! Thanks

The best for the sax. is the Sennheiser e608 - the one on the gooseneck.

e608.jpg

The Sax. radiates from the body at low frequencies and only the highest frequencies come out of the bell - so use the e608 and point it half way between the body and the bell to pick up all frequencies.

We have several Naiant X-S mics that we use for Linda's alto sax and clarinet for live and studio use. The sound is very accurate and organic with very little bleed and never any feedback. We have also used the X-S to record tenor sax and bass clarinet with really good results. .

Naiant - Microphones

We have several Naiant X-S mics that we use for Linda's alto sax and clarinet for live and studio use. The sound is very accurate and organic with very little bleed and never any feedback. We have also used the X-S to record tenor sax and bass clarinet with really good results. .

Naiant - Microphones

Naiant - Microphones
Looking at getting one with the U-Mount, have any recordings using it? i am kind of interested in what it sounds like

Back