looking for reviews/descriptions of mic's

abraham

Trying to buy an all around condensor mic. I could spend up to $500 give or take. I am wondering the differences mainly between the Rode nt1, nt1000, ntk. I am also considering Akf c4000, and the c3000. I am a novice but would like the best mic I could afford. Also dont want something that will pick up every little noise in my basement and therefore make my recordings sound bad. What do you think I would be happy with? I hear the nt1 but how much better is the nt1000 and ntk? Thanks for any help.

All around condenser mic under $500??? I recommend the Audio-Tecnica AT4040. Why? First, it's made by Audio-Technica and they do a good job engineering and building their products. Their build quality is good regardless of price segment.

Second, it sounds good on many male and female voices. It is never truly "the best" mic on the planet on a given voice. OK, it is sometimes. But, most times, it does a solid job no matter what voice you put in front of it. It also functions well as an instrument mic on guitars, percussion, strings and horns. In essence, it usually doesn't suck.

Back