Looking to replace my AT2020

I like how my AKG D5 mic works on my voice, and adds some warmth, but it's a better mic for live use and guitar cabs...
Who said?
What does this have to do with anything?
Are you actually using it for those things at the same time you're trying to record vocals?

If you like the way it sounds, then why not use it?
...and I prefer to record with a LDC.
My understanding is that the AT2020 is not a "real" LDC anyway. The diaphragm being a bit smaller than the 1" standard cutoff for what's considered large. The AT2035 is a real LDC. I've gotten good results with it on other people, but haven't really used it for my own voice yet.

Who said?
What does this have to do with anything?
Are you actually using it for those things at the same time you're trying to record vocals?

If you like the way it sounds, then why not use it?

My understanding is that the AT2020 is not a "real" LDC anyway. The diaphragm being a bit smaller than the 1" standard cutoff for what's considered large. The AT2035 is a real LDC. I've gotten good results with it on other people, but haven't really used it for my own voice yet.

I like how it sounds when I sing loud, and live through a PA.

It is a point of reference for those familiar with the two mics I already have. D5 can be muddy, and AT2020 is too harsh.

No, just recording vocals on what I am currently working on. What I want is more detail and warmth. I'm thinking any true LDC over a few hundred would open my eyes a little to how a good condenser should sound.

Back