Logic Pro 8: Audio Interface

BRX rad

Sorry for all of the threads guys, just have a lot of questions because I'm getting back into the recording picture.

With Logic Pro 8, can I used an interface like a Firepod with it? I'm getting the software free from a friend to try out, so I'd like to know if I could use one with it.

If I were to run just 4 mics into one, what would be a cheap interface I could get? And how do they work?

Thanks for any replies!

Chris

With Logic Pro 8, can I used an interface like a Firepod with it? I'm getting the software free from a friend to try out, so I'd like to know if I could use one with it.

If I were to run just 4 mics into one, what would be a cheap interface I could get? And how do they work?

Thanks for any replies!

Chris

You really should be asking these in the "Computer Recording and Sound Cards" forum, not the Mic forum....

To answer the first question, Logic doesn't care what interface you use with it. To answer the second question, if you can swing it, I'd suggest a MOTU 8Pre. The difference between that and the FIREPOD is night and day. The hardware is more reliable, the drivers use less CPU overhead, and the sound quality is slightly better, IMHO. Just my $0.02. That said, the FIREPOD when it works is a decent piece of hardware. They just seem to have a high failure rate.

Back