Livestreaming at Twitch - Which mic?

Newbie123456

I'm looking to get a high quality microphone while gaming and livestreaming.
I want it to be high quality and be able to clearly pick up my voice while I'm playing, my mouth should be about 8 inches away or so. Would also be nice if it could somehow minimise the sound from my keyboard and mouse. The standard seems to be blue yeti that most streamers use but is it the best?

I don't mind paying a decent amount but nothing ridiculous, something like £150-200 or less if great quality!

Also what extras should I get to make the sound and comfortability better?
E.g mic stand, shock mount, pop filter, soundboard or whatever, please provide links if possible thank you.

Hi,
With any conventional tabletop or stand mic, background/keyboard noise will just have to be a part of your sound. It always is with gamers and streamers.

Definitely use a shock mount either way or use a stand that's fitted to the wall or floor.
A table top stand without shock mount is just going to sound like thunder when you type - Trust me!

The mic that picks up the least background noise is the mic that's closest to you. Getting very close to the mic isn't always easy, though, in a gaming/streaming set up.

If you use headphones I'd recommend just getting a headset. That's what they're for. ;)

Thanks for the reply, lots of helpful information.
I want a microphone as it's much better quality than the ones in headsets, so suggestions are appreciated!

Edit: I think MammothPL uses a blue mic but more importantly his setup is well thought out.

He's got a cool shot mount coming in from the side. In his case it's the height that really helps him because it means his mouth is much closer to the mic than the keyboard is.
Check him out here.

You can still hear is keys pretty clearly but that's always going to be the way.

Back