Know of a gel pack retailer?

jeffree

I've been struggling to find some little gel packs to protect my
condensors while in storage. I've heard that it's a wise thing to do, but my local GC and others look at me like I'm crazy. Am I? Should I just chill out and let the mics fend for themselves, or do you know where I can cheaply buy some of these moisture craving puppies?

Thanks,
J.

if you keep your mics in a temperate, dry place and you don't live in a particularily humid environment, it's likely you have nothing to worry about it.

if you have some old silica packs that have been saturated, you can put em in the oven for half and hour till they change colour, and they're good as new.

i have no idea where you'd buy new ones though.

Try Packing and Shipping suppliers or if you want to buy in bulk and make up your own silica packs (I learned this one on this BBS a few months ago) you can buy it at a crafts store like Michaels. They use it in drying flowers.
Ask for dessicants.

jeffree said:
I've been struggling to find some little gel packs to protect my
condensors while in storage. I've heard that it's a wise thing to do, but my local GC and others look at me like I'm crazy. Am I? Should I just chill out and let the mics fend for themselves, or do you know where I can cheaply buy some of these moisture craving puppies?

Thanks,
J.

The other suggestions here are great. You may also try asking your local shoe store if you can have the extras that come packed with the shoes.

I keep each of my condensors in their own glass jars with the silica gel. Now that we're moving toward Winter here in the NE, the air should dry out anyway...

Great suggestions! Thanks, all. I just saw a Seinfeld episode in which kramer dropped a pack into some salsa, which gave me
some fun ideas for our next session.

J.

i don't know if you ended up finding your dessicant bags, but i just noticed on a dessicant bag that i have that it has an address and phone number so you can re-order.

W.A Hammond Krierite Co. Ltd.
Xenia, Ohio
937-376-2927

after typing that i realised that that isn't a complete address, but the phone number is there.

yeah. just letting ya guys know.

Grahamware......this might be helpful in the mic faq

Back