KAM MC3 mics

Rockbass77

Has anyone on here used these mics?
i saw a pair on Ebay that look nice and the samples I heard sounded resonable, but I don't know anything about them.
The thing that intrigued me was that they are cardiod with a hypercardiod capsule and a vocal capsule.
they look pretty and have options, but again, i don't know of anyone that has used them.
thank in advance

It looks cool. THE MFG lists the max spl as 120dB (which is kind of low), the eBay ad I'm looking at says 135dB. But it does have that -15dB (and -10dB) pad switch. Noise floor specs are kind of high, but not terrible. Matched pair at $380 for buy it now. The single buy it now is $196. Not worth it IMO. But a curiosity if you have a specialized use that favors the mic.

At that price point I'd expect something more than just sounds okay to me. Odd that they used the OMNI capsule on almost all of the samples, if not all of them. The MC3 samples aren't too bad. Some of the other mics samples are a little weird to me. That in a box kind of sound. For $100, the MC3 might be worth a look. At $200-ish, forget about it IMO.

Back