Just thought that Id like to share this

CJWalker

I went out and bought some of the monster studio 1000 stuff including mic cable and one of those silver digital cables, and when I hooked everything up.....I CRAPPED MY PANTS!!!

I would have never thought that spending all that money on cable would have made so much of a difference! Its amazing...my sound is a bout 1000 times more detailed and the dynamics are really nice too....very clean.
The warmth of my tube amp really shines.

Just though that Id share that.

Yup - good cable makes a big difference, doesn't it?

Pity about your pants, though.

What kind of cable were you using before, by the way?

Here's another good tip!
To keep your 1/4" female inputs clear and clean use PreservIT. It enhances conduction
and prevents oxidation while also lubricating for smooth plug-ins.

LOL. That last post sounds like a commercial tagline for a feminine product... no offense to Misterqcue or any of the fine ladies we have here at the BBS.

I was using some real cheap $10 peavey cables.I don't think that was too smart.

Oh well now I have a stockpile of cables that I can use for gigs or something.

Burn the pants.
And chuck those cables that sound like crap. Or at least mark them as such.
You sure won't be pleased when these wires sneak in on a project and ruin a track.
Yeah- Murphy is into recording, too.
I've noticed zero difference between the fancy digital cable (S/PDIF) and a 75 ohm RCA
video cable for ~$5. Might be fun to test out the Monster Pro 1000 against my pair of Monster Pro 100 mic cables and also include a pair of homemade cables with some beefier guage of cable and nice ends. There must be a way to quantify this debate.
:confused:

That's a good idea. All it takes is the price of some Monster 1000. I've already got the Monster Standard 100. :) I don't know about 'quantify', but comparison's usually an intelligent approach, especially if different people are running the same experiment.

Woa...What's up with all of the other monster cable posts??? Did I start some sort of chain reaction here or something??? This is crazy!!!

Anyway, I will test the difference between the monster cables and post the results for ya all. That should be helpful :D

Drstawl, I've noticed a lot of difference with the Silver digital cable over the interlink 400 and my homemade cable. Hey, maybe its just me. It seems to add a lot of depth and clarity. Anyway about the mic cables, I havent noticed much difference between the 1000s and the 500s yet. Possibly a little bit more clarity and noise reduction in the 1000s though. Both are great cables -- MUCH more resolution.
Im not sure, but I think that the 1000s are supposed to sound identical to each other, sorta like a matched pair of mics. Could someone clear that up??

[This message has been edited by CJWalker (edited 04-22-2000).]

Does Monster make those cables that are RCA left/right at one end and 1/8" phono on the other?

Where can I buy Monster cable? Musical Instrument stores? Home audio shops?

Holy S*@t!

$100 for a 15' mic cable (Studio Pro 1000)?!?!? (from sweetwater.com)

Jesus, it's more expensive than I thought. I was gonna have my dad buy some for me (he lives in the US) cuz it's hard to find over here, but if I ask him to spend $100 on a mic cable he'll shit his pants too.

Oh man....

Is there a cheaper alternative?

Right now I've got "Reference" mic cable. Anyone ever heard of this brand? Is it any good?

[This message has been edited by MrLip (edited 04-23-2000).]

Yea, I got my 20ft studio pro 1000 for only
$75 w/o tax new!!! Hehehe. :D It was mispackaged in a 15ft box plus Mars sent me some coupons for $25off. Oh and they do make the stereo Y-connector. (RCA-RCA to 1/8 stereo) Its under interlink 400 and sells for like $30-$40. Sorry to sat I haven't heard of the brand you were talkin about Mr Lip. Hope this helped!

Haven't heard of that brand either.

Monster Cable?

Too costly for my blood. I bought 1 1000 Series mic-level cable for comparisons with my Canare Star Quad. Not nearly worth the difference at that price. And to me, it was just "different" and not "better". Just another variation to add to the mix.

Isn't making your own cables looking better every day?

Back