Just ordered 2 B1s

toadies

Just order 2 B1 for drum overheads, vocals and other stuff thats it might seem sutible for.

Getting them over night for a session tomarrow for a friends band

So how should i place it for overheads?

Since you can't actually search B1 or SP its hard to get info.

Chris

Nice mic for the money. If you search with Studio Projects, you'll find quite a bit on the B1, as I did before buying.

J.

Advanced query: Join words with AND, OR and NOT to control your search in more detail.
Add asterisks (*) to use wild cards in your search (*bullet* matches vBulletin etc.)

As in B1*

toadies said:

Since you can't actually search B1 or SP its hard to get info.

You can use the asterisk to make the search term longer so it will be accepted, such as B1* or SP*.

b1 mics on drums are a success, what have I been missing.

All i needed was 2 mics and a kick and i was set.

I been using 1 MXL v93 mic kick mic, snare mic, toms.

and it didn't compare to the sound i got with the b1 mics.

I'm sold.

I love my pair of SP B1's too!

Congrats Toadies... I've had my two SP B1's for 10 months now, and I love them!

Besides using them on overheads and guitars, I've used them for live stereo recording (just the two B1s into a stereo preamp, then into a DAT recorder). I recorded a 60's era rock band at their outdoor reunion in Portland Oregon three weeks ago, and the finished recording sounds truely amazing... the band was so impressed, they decided to have a double CD made; it's being duplicated right now as I write this.

Re: I love my pair of SP B1's too!

kid klash said:
Congrats Toadies... I've had my two SP B1's for 10 months now, and I love them!

Besides using them on overheads and guitars, I've used them for live stereo recording (just the two B1s into a stereo preamp, then into a DAT recorder). I recorded a 60's era rock band at their outdoor reunion in Portland Oregon three weeks ago, and the finished recording sounds truely amazing... the band was so impressed, they decided to have a double CD made; it's being duplicated right now as I write this.
How did you place the B1 mic's for that stereo recording?

Back