???Just Bough An M-Audio Fast Track Pro Interface??? Help please

JDunkz650

Im new to the recording thing and I recently bought an HP dv6871 laptop, I tried to post a url but it wont let me because im too new to the forum. But anyway I just bought an M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface. I still havn't gottin a mic and need help with what i should get. I also have no experience with any interfaces and this is my first time trying to assemble a home studio on my own. I am a little confused... since the M-Audio interface hooks up to my laptop through USB, do i just plug the microphone into the interface and everything should run smoothly??? When i tried to change my Fruity Loops Studio 7 settings to select M-Audio as my driver, Fruity Loops told me that "there is not enough ASIO output channels available. At least two channels are needed" and then nothing really works untill i change the driver settings back onto primary source! is this just because I dont have a mic plugged into my M-Audio yet, or is this something that needs to be fixed before my interface will work??? I plan on recording vocals onto programs such as Sonar with beats i make from FL Studio 7. Someone please help me, or else i will never understand. lol I appreciate it

Try reinstalling the M-Audio drivers and then make sure you choose the M-audio ASIO driver in Fruity Loops and Sonar.

Buying a microphone will not fix your immediate problem however you will need one to record vocals.

You should be able to record from the device without a microphone attached. It sounds more like a software limitation. Use audacity and see if it lets you use the device. Granted that you'll record silence until you actually connect a mic. Which is normally connected with a mic cable (XLR). Although I did manage to stick an LDC in my Mobile Pre to test it before I got a cable. It seated enough to function, but not exactly a match made in heaven.

audacity.sourceforge.net

I am working with Torq LE, Xsessions pro, and a new dual core macbook pro. I have set the Master outputs to 1 & 2, while setting the Cue outputs to 3 & 4. It works fine but when i hit the headphone cues it puts white noise in to the mains though it does come thru the headphones. Not sure if i am missing something here or if the Fast Track Pro interface is messed up and could use some advice here. Please help!

Back